SEO involves getting lots of moving pieces coming together in the right way to form a perfect storm of sorts, which equates to better search results for a Web site. Beyond SEO best practices, I polled our SEO team to come up with the top five “non-SEO” tasks that can help support the SEO process and get Web sites consistently ranked for relevant desired terms within the results.
Some of the ways he mentions include:
1. Enhance Web Site Usability
2. Work with Other Marketing Teams
3. Incorporate Traditional PR Efforts into the SEO Plan
4. Monitoring and Leveraging Communities
5. Keep Content Fresh by Updating it Regularly